Top 10 Things You Should Do at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
As much as we love everything about the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we thought it would be a good idea to list the Top 10 things you just must do/see/eat while you're staying at the hotel. Of course there are more than just 10 amazing things to do at the Animal Kingdom Lodge but these are some of our favorites.
1. Wanyama Safari: Enjoy an afternoon drive through the resort's savannahs and a family-style dinner at Jiko -The Cooking Place. This experience is available for guests ages 8 and older. Check at the Concierge Desk to book your safari adventure! Tours are offered every night of the week and the cost is $190.64 per person. A portion of the proceeds from this Safari at given to the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
2. Breakfast at Boma: The breakfast buffet at Boma is a can’t-miss meal at Walt Disney World. Boma has an open kitchen and the buffet is set up in “pods” where you’ll find carving stations, exotic African fare and traditional American foods. In addition to the great foods, the French press coffee here is amazing. Also try the praline French toast. We won't judge you if you want lick the plate.
3. Explore the Hotel: In the hustle and bustle of a Disney vacation it’s easy to skip the hotel exploration part of the trip. But when you’re at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you’ll want to include “exploration” into your itinerary. From the savannas, to the lush pool area, to the amazing African art - there’s so much to see. Add in a hidden Mickey search to get the kids excited about the hotel adventure.
4. Nighttime Animal Viewing: What do the giraffes do when the sun goes down? Stop by the Arusha Overlook at the Jambo House or the Kidani Rock Overlook at Kidani Village after dark for a chance to look through night vision goggles and see what happens on the savanna after dark.
5. Dinner at Jiko: This signature dining location is located in Jambo House and is consistently ranked as one of the most delicious and most romantic restaurants at Walt Disney World. Jiko also offers the nation's largest assortment of South African wines. It's a great destination for a romantic dinner for two!
6. Book a Savanna View Room: If it fits in your vacation budget we suggest booking a savanna view room. There’s nothing better than enjoying your morning coffee with the giraffes and other African wildlife right outside your balcony.
7. Face Painting at The Mara: This is a great activity for the kids (and the adults!). Cultural Representatives will share the meaning behind traditional African tribal symbols and guests can have one or more of the symbols painted on their face.
8. Dine at Sanaa: One of the hidden gems at Walt Disney World, Sanaa is open for lunch and dinner and it will be a meal you won’t soon forget. Diners will enjoy the flavors of India and Africa in a beautiful setting with savanna views. Try the Naan bread service - you won’t be disappointed!
9. African Folktales at the Fire Pit: Stop by the Arusha Rock firepit each night to hear a Cultural Representative tell African folktales by the firelight.
10. Cultural Programs and More: The Animal Kingdom Lodge offers guests so many cultural programs, culinary programs, and animal programs and there’s no way to fit them all in. We suggest checking out the resort activity guide and finding one or two (or more) that you really want to try on this visit.