One of the things that many Disney fans have raved about over the years is the Jiko Macaroni and Cheese which used to be served with the Jiko’s Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon and Red Wine Sauce. It’s not the standard accompaniment on the menu any more, but you can always ask your server if the kitchen can whip some up for you -OR- you could just whip it up at home!
Jiko Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
- Mornay Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups Quattro Fromage (4-cheese mixture of asiago, provolone, fontina, and gruyere cheeses)
- 2 pounds Elbow Macaroni
- Prepare the macaroni according to the directions on the package of pasta that you’ll be using.
- Carefully using low heat, first make a roux with the flour and butter. Bring the milk to a simmer in a separate pan and then carefully work in the roux.
- Once the roux is incorporated, add cheese a little at a time and salt to taste.
- Pour over the macaroni and heat through in the oven.
Mmmmm… delicious! My whole family loves mac-cheese and this recipe is a total winner because not only is it tasty, but it’s Disney!
Have you tried to make any Disney recipes at home? If you’ve had this at Jiko will it now become a family favorite at your house? Leave me a comment and let me know!