Even the most dedicated and seasoned Disney vacationer needs a day of rest every now and then, if only to refresh for the next day of park hopping madness.
We love taking a day – or even half a day – and just relaxing at our resort, especially when that resort is Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. There are so many incredible activities at the resort that we can (almost) guarantee you won’t hear the kids say “we’re so bored!”
And so without further ado, here are our Top Five ways to spend a resort day at the AKL!
5. Spend the day at the pool. While this might seem like a no-brainer, sometimes I think we need to remind ourselves to just sit and relax, soak up the sun and maybe even enjoy an “adult beverage.” The Animal Kingdom Lodge has two amazing pools – the Uzima Springs Pool at Jambo House and Samawati Springs at Kidani Village. No matter which section you’re staying – Jambo House or Kidiani Village – the pool is calling your name.
4. Visit the arcade and play some video games! This is a great activity for a rainy day or when you’re returning to the hotel for half a day to escape the heat of the summer. The kids will love the chance to play and the grownups can rest their weary feet a bit. The arcade operates on the Arcade Card system and you must purchase points to play.
3. Check out the Animal Programs and Wildlife Discoveries! When you check in at AKL you’ll receive an activity guide that lists all the special activities for the month. Some of the programs include: Flamingo Activity, Animal Tracking, Animal Enrichment, Wildlife Games, and Night Vision Animal Viewing (at the Uzima Overlook at Jambo House and Kidani Rock Overlook at Kidani Village).
2. Experience the Wanyama Safari. Guests can experience an afternoon drive through the resort’s savannahs and enjoy a family-style dinner at Jiko-The Cooking Place. This experience is available for guests ages 8 and older. Check at the Concierge Desk to book your safari adventure!
1. End the day at the Jambo House campfire! After a relaxing day at the pool and a great dinner at Sanaa, plan on spending the evening outside at Jambo House. Take part in the night vision animal viewing and then stop by the firepit for a campfire, marshmallow roasting, and storytelling. A perfect way to end the day.
What is your favorite way to spend a resort day at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? Leave us a comment and let us know!